This is my second build. The 62 SS kit was not very cooperative as many of the details in the moulding were quite inaccurate and faint. This was not a great kit to begin with but I did my best to overcome the many challenges of the kit.
I also tried experimenting with other types of paint which was a huge fail. Lesson from me is not to use automotive touch up aerosol cans to paint a model car. The atomization is just not what it needs to be.
I went for the daily driver distressed look on this build as I soon figured out that the detail in this one would not be show quality. Note the look on the valve covers for example.
As you can very well see, the details in this car are not what I would expect. But it was a fun build that offered me many experimental choices. I actually painted this car three different times and finally settled for an enamel job that went on way too thickly which muted many of the details that I would have preferred to be there.
On to my next build after I do my Christmas music recordings. I will build a 64 Impala SS Convertible next. This one will be the prototype for our future plans for our own 64 SS REAL CAR.